The City of Chandler Police Department is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the full-time position of POLICE PLANNING & RESEARCH ANALYST (click for link). There are two positions available with different areas of emphasis. The positions are scheduled to work Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with every other Friday off.
The primary function of an employee in this class is to interact and coordinate with command level police managers, City departments, and other criminal justice agencies to develop, introduce and assist with the implementation of new or revised Departmental plans, programs, policies and procedures. The employee is responsible for diversified and complex analyses and analyzes, coordinates, and prepares capital improvement program (CIP) projects for the Department and other sharing agencies with duties to include project management, and for providing a wide variety of administrative support services in the Police Department. Additionally, the employee performs Department budget research and analysis.
Essential Functions: (list not exhaustive)
Grant Analyst Emphasis
• Performs financial research and analysis, preparing and monitoring the Department’s capital budgets, spending, revenue, and fund balance levels;
• Serves as the Department grant manager; prepares and monitors grants;
• Negotiates and manages Intergovernmental Agreements (IGA) and Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with other departments or agencies contracting for services;
• Prepares resolutions for and performs liaison duties with the City Council
Project Analyst Emphasis
• Performs studies of operational problems and prepares recommendations based on analysis of statistical and other data;
• Researches and studies current literature and keeps the Department informed of new concepts, theories, equipment and programs applicable to law enforcement;
• Researches, analyzes and evaluates proposals, projects and Departmental activities, systems, and programs in terms of manpower requirements, needs, priorities, costs, funding sources and makes recommendations;
• Receives input for the Department’s strategic plan;
• Serves as project manager for new projects and prepares department presentations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration or related field; and
• At least four (4) years experience in research and analysis in various areas such as budget, grants, crime analysis, capital improvement programs, staffing and deployment analysis; and
• Valid Arizona Driver’s License with acceptable driving record; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Experience in a law enforcement agency.
• Background Packet Submittal & Review
• Oral Board Interview (tentatively scheduled for 4/19 – 4/22)
• Background Interview
• Polygraph Examination
• Police Chief Interview
The positions available are regular full-time positions and are subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for six (6) months should another position become available.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler’s policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City’s Drug Free Workplace Policy. Certain positions within the City are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The examination process may vary if determined necessary.
Apply Online – This position closes March 18, 2021 at 11:59 PM (click for link)