About The Position
Performs advanced professional level administrative duties that include conducting research studies, performing statistical analysis, managing department-wide processes, and resolving special administrative problems through process improvement principles in support of the Police Department.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Performs research studies, feasibility studies, needs assessments, cost/benefit analysis, cross impact analysis and management studies; performs statistical analysis; makes inferences and projections from written material and statistical data; prepares comprehensive detailed recommendations and reports on various software applications on a computer terminal.
- Researches current local and national police trends; makes recommendations on policies, procedures, practices and methods of operation based on current research, best practices and legal requirements; evaluates new programs, policies and technologies and makes recommendations; forecasts Department needs.
- Performs contract administration duties for specific police contracts, to include negotiation and coordination with other City departments.
- Communicates with other law enforcement agencies and government entities regarding law enforcement and public safety issues; participates as a member in national and local law enforcement planning organizations.
- Performs program evaluation and organizational analysis; monitors procedures and methods; prepares oral and written presentation findings and recommends action; performs survey design and data analysis.
- Coordinatesthe development of department performance measures and workload indicators; performs resource allocation and manpower distribution studies.
Applications are accepted now through April 2, 2021. Learn more and apply online here.